Many of us particularly enjoy shooting as a pastime, hobby or even a sport; if you thoroughly enjoy shooting then the Eotech 512 holographic sight is a perfect product thanks to its speed and immense versatility within combat conditions and situations. This is due to the Eotech 512’s fantastic feature as it illuminates the target using a specific and direct laser light that consecutively highlights the holographic red reticle on the target, which makes it considerably easier to focus on and hit what it is you’re aiming at.
The Eotech 512 Holographic Sight offers a multitude and variety of advantages from offering significantly better control than other sights on the market, while also increasing your own accuracy when acquiring a target. In addition to this, the Eotech 512 is constructed and produced with a robust aluminum hood assembly which allows the sight to hold up under and against most conditions for a majority of years and also comes with a knobbed mounting bolt that thankfully doesn’t require tools.
This Eotech 512 Holographic Sight is electrical based when in operation and requires only two AA batteries any only requires the use of 1” Picatinny or Weaver rails for support. The Eotech 512. speaks for the latest in design for digital electronics when it comes to useful sighting in many varieties of lighting conditions. The Eotech 512’s microprocessors assisting in controlling the brightness, along with checking the battery and indicating the programmable features and options as well.
The sights Bat Ret Ptrn MOA is a durable, robust device that was produced to absorb the bumps, shocks, knocks and impacts that occurs in everyday use when carrying around the rifle. By using Eotech’s bespoke holographic technology, allows for and provides maximum information for the user and caters for the best targeting possible.
Look at The Eotech 512 Holographic Sight in Detail
When looking through and into the sight window, you will instantly notice and see a red reticle pattern design that is a bright overlay of the visual pattern. In this instance, you can see both the information needed and the target as accurately as possible. It’s been reported that the average battery life of the EOTech 512 sight is up to approximately 1000 hours, however this obviously varies on different brightness settings.
Why You Should Choose the Eotech 512 System
There are a number of unarguable reasons as to why these versions of the Eotech 512 are highly desirable on the current market; but the first point we must make is that the sight allows you to acquire the target far quickly and easier than many other systems currently available. Due to the sights lightweight build and uses either 1” Picatinny or Weaver rails, it means that the sight can be mounted very easily and simply.
For all types of sports, competitions and hobbies, where endurance is a must, the Eotech 512 Holographic Sight provides exactly what is needed to help in promoting the best in regards to targeting without straining the users eyes. The best bit about the Eotech 512 is that it’s modestly priced and certainly well worth the investment. When equipped with all its features (see below), the EOTech 512 can be picked up for approximately $400. However, the primary buyer of EOTech sights is surprisingly the US military who are known to use them on platforms like the AR 15 and M4.
EOTechs are one of the highest quality sights currently available on the market. However if you’re looking for a more simpler red dot sight that is perhaps more adequate for your budget there is an extensively wide selection of inexpensive options out there.
- Mounts to a 1″ Weaver or MIL-STD1913 rail
- Repeatable to within 1 MOA when remounting
- Runs 600 continuous hours at setting 12 on (1) CR123 lithium battery
- 65 MOA Ring with (2) 1 MOA aiming dots
- Optics: Transmission holography – parallax free
- Magnification: 1x
- Eye Relief: Unlimited
- Length/Width/Height: 3.5″x 2″x 2.4″ (88.9×50.86×60.96)
- Weight: 8oz (227 grams)
- Temperature: -40 to 150 F
- Waterproof: Submersible to 10 ft depth
- Sealing: Fogproof internal optics
- Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2″ at 100 yds)
- Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
- Mount: 1″ Weaver or Picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) rail
- Return to Zero: Repeatable to 2 MOA after re-mounting
- Night Vision Compatibility: No
- Heads-Up-Display Window
- Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
- Window Dimensions: 1.20″ x 0.85″ (30 x 23mm)
- Front Window Material: 1/8″ solid glass
- Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16″ thick)
- Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4″ eye relief
- Brightness Adjustment Range: 146,000:1 brightest to lowest
- Power Source: (1) 123 lithium battery
- Battery Life: 600 continuous hours at nominal setting 12
- Brightness Settings: 20 settings with scrolling feature
- Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start-up
- Auto Shut-down: At 8 hrs- programmable to 4 hrs