Magpul is doing this. In-between their statements of a brand new apparel line, and unique accessories, they continue to crank out stocks that meet the needs of varmint hunters everywhere. When it’s release, the Ruger 10/22 Takedown rifle became quite popular as a small hunting rifle, which may be taken apart and stored in a tight area in the vehicle, or in a backpack for small game hunting while on the move. This latest stock release by Magpul allows for Takedown gun owners to gear up with a modern, adjustable and comfortable stock. Varminter Magazine tested and was impressed with the standard X-22 Hunter Stock, and it was added to all our 10/22 rifles. I’m sure the ingenuity that oozes from Magpul will signify another excellent option for Ruger 10/22 Takedown owners.
The Magpul Hunter X-22 Takedown chassis is an ergonomic, full-featured stock for the Ruger 10/22 Takedown chain rifle.
Made from top quality reinforced polymer, the Hunter X-22 Takedown features an ergonomic grip, adjustable length of pull and pull height to fit a broad selection of shooters, multiple recline mounting options, a non-slip rubber butt-pad, and M-LOK® slots for attachment.
The Hunter X-22 Takedown matches standard Ruger 10/22 Takedown .22 LR routine rifles with no gunsmithing, and also a reversible barrel tray ensures appropriate fit with factory pencil profile as well as heavy bull barrels.
Made in the U.S.A.
- Drop-in design compatible with factory Ruger 10/22 Takedown .22 LR receivers
- Reinforced plastic construction for strength and sturdiness
- 60 level grip angle out of bore axis
- Adjustable LOP out of 12.5”-14.5” with 0.50” Spacers
- Non-slip rubber butt-pad
- Optional Cheek Riser Kits to raise eyebrow height 0.25”, 0.50”, or 0.75.”
- Reversible barrel tray accepts all factory barrels as well as aftermarket up to 0.920.”
- Adjustable barrel tensioning shim in forend for placing barrel preload (barrel can also be free-floated)
- Compatible with all abilities of factory Ruger 10/22 magazines
- M-LOK slots on forend sides and bottom for a broad range of attachment and sling mounting options
- Two dimpled drill points to put in optional regular swivel studs (.10-32 x 3/8” long dome stud)
- Push-button QD swivel grip in back with optional Sling Mount Kits
- Left and Right rear 1-1/4” Footman’s Loops