The wait of those who have been wanting to upgrade their AimPoint T-1 Micro Red Dot Optic is over as the company has announced the launch of what one can call an ‘enhanced version’ of the T-1 recently. The Micro T-2 as indicated by AimPoint, was designed with direct inputs with respect to its look and function, from users of T-1. It has been announced that T-2 will be compatible with all bases and mounts of T-1 and it will be produced parallel to T-1 without replacing it.
Significant modifications and highlights
- T-2 comes with an upgraded housing for the sight that makes way for the inclusion of front and rear protective flip covers. This also enables the easy inclusion of anti-reflective gadgets.
- Enhanced safety for the internal electronic components of the sight and its adjustment turrets is another notable addition.
- Though announcements on the price tag or detailed specifications are yet to be released, speculations are rife. If one were to believe those, T-1 would be projected as the entry level micro dot with a diminished price tag while the T-2 will move up to the level of T-1.
- The initial shipment arrived last month (September 2014).
Aimpoint Press Release – In brief
- Aimpoint Micro sights have found an audience in law enforcement, military and others and have come to be known for its durability, reliability, compactness and extended battery life. A series of surveys coupled with a study of reviews had indicated the need to bring in few alterations to the existing product line.
- Accordingly, enhancements like upgraded housing for the sight that makes way for the inclusion of front and rear protective flip covers and anti-reflective gadgets and enhanced safety for the internal electronic components of the sight and its adjustment turrets have been made.
- AimPoint has also indicated that the most vital of these changes is the improvement in its optical performance made possible by the novel front lens that is equipped with better reflective lens coating thereby enhancing clarity and precision. These new improvements work to give optimum performance in terms of rapid target acquisition and accuracy in any and all angles and conditions.
- According to the company President, Lennart Ljungfelt, T-2 is not an upgrade but a completely different and separate entity that serves to bring in the performance levels of larger optics in the Micro range.
- The T-2 is compatible with all existing mounts that go with T-1 and can be used with almost every individual weapon platform.
- T-2 is also compatible with every generation of night vision devices in the market.
- The Micro T-2 can be used with a variety of other AimPoint accessories like the Concealed Engagement Unit or the CEU and the 3X Magnifier.
- Another highpoint seems to be the extended battery life (CR-2032) that is guaranteed to run for at least 5 years. The sight’s waterproof capacity stands at 25 meters.