Developed by the devilishly brilliant bodies at EOTech the XPS2-Z2 “Zombie Stopper” sight is unarguably an exceptional work of art with its holographic weapon sight. Built off the back of their impressively successful XPS-2 line of holographic sights, the EOTech’s Zombie Stopper brings some much needed undead flair to the battlefield with a special edition paint scheme and reticle design.
We commonly hear airsoft players asking as to whether an optic makes a difference in their play, and our response to that, is that it depends purely on how enthusiastic you are during your game. Casual airsoft players are more than happy and content with ‘walking’ their guns onto their targets. If you are considerably a lot more serious when it comes to your game, you’re probably more than aware that a correctly zeroed optic can significantly reduce the amount of effort and time it takes for you to take and successfully hit your target. As always, not all airsoft guns are as predictable as real firearms, so there will always be a certain level of inherent inaccuracy however a good optic can definitely lessen that effect.
Another fundamental factor in rifle optics is mainly red dot sights where a laser beam can reflected off of a lens, is a circumstance known as the ‘parallax effect’. When using red dot sights, and when viewed from any other angle apart from directly down the center line of the optic, the optical red dot can shift due to the technology that produces it. This means, if you aren’t lined up correctly, you can significantly decrease your accuracy. With EOTech’s bespoke holographic technology, the optic is parallax-free. This means you can aim off the center-line, or at weird angles that you may find are more comfortable, and it’s guaranteed to be just as accurate as long as the reticle is still pointing in the direction of where you want it to. If the time comes that you wish to extend your EOTech’s zoom capabilities, you can attach a flip out image magnifier tube in front of it. It’s certainly very unique technology which, unfortunately comes with a heavy price tag.
The EOTech XPS2-Z2 comes with a MSRP of $589.00 but it’s possible to find it cheaper at many online retailers. This sight is clearly much more expensive than the cheaper typical red dot sights that many airsoft players choose to use. If you are someone with some extra cash to spend, we guarantee that you won’t find a better sight for your airsoft gun.
Undoubtedly you will want to protect your newly acquired Zombie Stopper during the middle of an airsoft game. So we highly recommend shopping for an acrylic EOTech lens protector. Make sure you stay clear from cheap plastic models that are currently being sold by a majority of airsoft retailers. Plastic models are known to distort your image and can be quite difficult to attach. The acrylic model can be a little more expensive, but will certainly protect your lens literally from just about anything in the world of airsoft.
The EOTech’s XPS2 holo sight includes a green, zombie style paint scheme and design, plus an impressive special edition reticle in the shaped of a biohazard symbol. Understandably users may think the unique reticle design may be distracting, but many have reported to experience zero trouble.
In conclusion, the EOTech XPS2-Z2 Zombie Stopper with its holographic sight is an certainly an exceptional optic for quickly obtaining and engaging a target on the battlefield. It’s been tailored for real steel shooting, thus it can easily handle anything that the game of airsoft can throw at it.
- New BIOHAZARD reticle design
- Single transverse 123 battery to limit sight length
- Shortened base only requires a maximum 2 3/4 inch rail space
- Battery tethered cap O-ring that provides a better seal
Average battery life of 600 hours at brightness level 12
- Suggested retail price starting from $559.00
- Optics: Transmission holography – parallax free
- Magnification: 1x
- Eye Relief: Unlimited
- Length/Width/Height: 3.5″x 2″x 2.4″ (88.9×50.86×60.96)
- Weight: 8oz (227 grams)
- Temperature: -40 to 150 F
- Waterproof: Submersible to 10 ft depth
- Sealing: Fogproof internal optics
- Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2″ at 100 yds)
- Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
- Mount: 1″ Weaver or Picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) rail
- Return to Zero: Repeatable to 2 MOA after re-mounting
- Night Vision Compatibility: none
- Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
- Window Dimensions: 1.20″ x 0.85″ (30 x 23mm)
- Front Window Material: 1/8″ solid glass
- Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16″ thick)
- Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4″ eye relief
- Brightness Adjustment Range: 146,000:1 brightest to lowest
- Power Source: (1) 123 lithium battery
- Battery Life: 600 continuous hours at nominal setting 12
- Brightness Settings: 20 settings with scrolling feature
- Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start-up
- Auto Shut-down: At 8 hrs- programmable to 4 hrs