Review: Streamlight Stylus Pro – LED Pen Flashlight
There are certain emergency supplies that every family should have in their home, but one that often gets forgotten is a trusty flashlight and extra batteries. A flash light is an essential emergency item, and you can now get a high-powered LED model for a very small investment. A perfect example is the Streamlight Pen Flashlight, which retails for $19.99. What you may be surprised by, given that price, is just how effective this great little flashlight really is.
Let’s take a quick look at the specs of the Streamlight Stylus Pro :
- Output and run time are optimized by a micro optical system
- Built to be waterproof and withstand corrosion. Comes with an unbreakable polycarbonate lens and has a pocket clip for easy portability
- Regulated run time checks in at 7.5 hours
- ½ watt, 30,00 hour high flux LED delivers intense brightness
- Compact 5.3-inches in length
- Easy single hand operation
- On/Off switch conveniently placed on end cap
- Powered by AAA batteries (comes packaged with 2 alkaline batteries)
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Comes with a handy holster
Let’s take a look at the flashlight in a little more detail:
While the Streamlight serves the purposes of most every other flashlight, it does so in a smaller, lightweight package that is much easier for the user to handle.
The flashlight is extremely lightweight and appears to be anodized. Its small size betrays just how rugged it really is. Even if you do not want to use the provided belt clip, you can carry this light around in your purse or pocket and not do it any damage.
The on/off switch is located on the end cap and is easy to use. A slight push of the button will turn the flashlight on for a moment. To get a continuous beam of light, simply push down on the cap till you hear a click. The light will stay on until the button is pushed to turn it off.
- Extremely bright
- Impressive battery life
- Common AAA batteries used
- LED light means no bulbs to replace
- Durable – tested to a drop of 6 feet
- Could perhaps be a little brighter
One of the more popular compact flashlights in recent years has been the Mini Maglite. As good as that light is, you will have to change bulbs fairly regularly. Yes, you will pay roughly twice as much for the Streamlight as you do for the Maglite, but the durability and convenience factor makes it worth the extra money. The use of LED also means that this model is a good deal brighter. The light that it produces will cut right through the dark and travel as far as 40 yards in ideal conditions.
If you are looking for a great flashlight that is small but built to last, look no further than the Streamlight.